Thursday, December 2, 2010

Obsession With Housewives

Calling all housewives! The Real Housewives of 'whatever' city are anything but desperate. There is DC, New Jersey, NYC, Atlanta...and I know several more. The Bravo reality TV series features extremely rich women who get to do whatever they want to with their endless bank accounts. Am I being too facetious?

Why are we so obsessed with watching women spend money and get plastic surgery and create drama between their "friends"? Ok, I am a little bitter. I know the answer! We like to poke fun at how deceitful and spoiled these TV stars are, because we can't afford to blow money in the same fashion. I always say, "I'd never spend money the way they do, even if I had millions." However, I'm sure I'd lose control if money problems were suddenly dissolved.

These women are materialistic, drive expensive cars, live in over-sized homes, have plastic surgery, and so on...but why wouldn't they? We enjoy watching them spoil themselves silly, yet snub our noses at them because they throw money around on a very obnoxious level. Put yourself in their shoes...how would you not lose control?


No comments:

Post a Comment