Monday, December 6, 2010


Whitney Thompson is the newest America's Next Top Model Winner, and has recently spoken out about the plus size model "trend".

She was recently interviewed on Huffington Post, and talked about modeling and plus sized women.

She used to be an under-weight model, but quit modeling because she was practically starving herself.
In the interview, she says:

"I'd love to introduce myself to people as a model, [but] if I do that, they look me up and down and go Really? And so I have to say I'm a plus size model. But, truthfully, size six is considered plus size and some size fours are too fat to be models. My BMI is where it's supposed to be and I workout and I eat right -- I mean most of the time. It's all about balance."

Check out this video below, and you can see how beautiful and confident she is. Hopefully she will help this trend become a reality, and young women can feel comfortable in their own skin.




No comments:

Post a Comment